- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 29th September 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Northumberland, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 2nd November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Curborough Equestrian Centre – Stablehand
Jan 2019 – Oct 2019
Assisting the yard manager in caring for 50 horses, including handling, cleaning out stalls and dealing with the clients requests and the horses needs, each day being different from the last. As well making sure all facilities are in working order.
Crook cottage livery stables – Stablehand
Assiting the yard manager with the general yard duties, such as sweeping the yards, maintenance and repair of fencing and yard equipment. Also taking full care of the 23 horses on site which range from turning out, cleaning out stables and grooming. Whilst talking to clients face to face to deal with there needs.
Freelance Groom – College Farm
2017 – 2019
Working on my own, sorting out a range of horses on a yard. Jobs including turn out, bring in, mucking out, cleaning tack and also exercising horses. Being given sole responsibility and also doing my own accounts.
- High standard of personal presentation and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well within busy and fast-paced environments.
- Keen to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability and willingness to work late nights & weekends.
- A great team player but also able to work individually when needed.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy how every day and every horse is different I love facing new challenges and improving my skills, i love seeing a clean yard and stables and happy well kept horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my mane pulling and clipping skills
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have a positive and hard working attitude and I am passionate about horses and my work/job, i want to be the best i can be.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain new skills and new experiences, i would like to work my way up ranks ridden and care wise
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my pony
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?