- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 6th March 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 week notice period.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Livery, Sales, Showing, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I was born into owning horses with my mother owning a successful small stud, breeding Welsh Ponies and Cobs. From a very young age I was showing ponies at county level, qualifying for Horse Of The Year Show etc, as I got slightly older I started to help my mum back the young horses and ponies, I rode them on and then we’d sell them and we’d share the profit between us, this was very successful until I grew too tall for small ponies.
In 2014 I bought a dressage and showjumping schoolmistress. Itty was a 15.3h ex show jumper turned medium level dressage horse, she wasn’t flashy or extravagant but she very correct in her way of going and she taught me and how to ride half passes, flying changes, working pirouettes and some collected work. After her retirement in 2016 I bought myself a 3 year old warmblood mare from Holland who I still own now.
She was turned away in the field to grow as she was very weak. During Nalas time in the field I moved to west Wales to work at the world famous Menai Stud, breeding and running over 300 ponies and cobs on their hills aswell as over 500 sheep. Together with their son we managed to back and ride away 27 horses that summer, all of them going from wild ponies who had not had any human contact to top competition horses.
Returning from Wales I backed my mare myself and started lightly hacking her to build her core strength, I then in 2018 had the amazing opportunity of working at Collective Equestrian in Chew Magna and I could take my horse with me. I had regular training from Alex Harrison on my own horse. I alos had the amazing opportunity to back and ride Alex’s young horse and I was also able to work in and warm up horses for Alex and also for liveries based at Collective Equestrian. I groomed at shows for Elizabeth Allen whilst there, prepared horses to be ridden for Alex and Elizabeth and also Jonny Clark-West.
I’ve been lucky enough to be friends with a lot of up and coming riders around my age who compete in different disciplines such as dressage, Eventing and also showjumping.
I have groomed as a volunteer for my good friend who is competing at 3 star in Eventing and she has also been lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of the World Class programs, I was fortunate enough to attend a training day with here where I acted as her groom.
- Sole Charge
- Team Working
- Clipping/Plaiting/Show Turnout/Trimming
- Warming up/Cooling off horses
- Yard Duties
- Lunging and Long Reining
- Backing Young Horses
- Pole Work
- Competition Grooming
- Foal Watch + Care
Strengths and Weaknesses
To conclude, I’m an extremely passionate rider and groom, I’m always working for what is best for every individual animal and I am open to any new skills that could be taught to me.
I’d love to eventually do my teaching exams and be able to offer training, it would be important to me that my future employer would help me and support me with this decision.
- Preferably I would like to stay within Somerset/Devon however I would be open to moving further away for the right opportunity.
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to read my profile and perhaps considering me for any job roles you may have to offer, I’m very friendly and easy to approach and talk to so please do get in contact.