- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 13th April 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 2nd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’m 23 years old and 5ft 3 (so still small enough for ponies) and have been riding since before I could sit up (I come from a horsey family). I have an entire life times experiance riding and caring for horses and ponies of all types and have previously worked on hunt yards, livery yards and at riding centres along side riding freelance in any spare time I have. I can provide excellent references and have experiance dealing with youngsters, mares and foals and fit competition horses. I can clip, plait, trim ect and have the basics in first aid (both human and equine). I’m confident, capable and fit with a fun and outgoing personality and have competed myself up to county level. I have my own horse who i do everything on so I’m no stranger to any discipline.
I am a confident and capable individual and I pride myself on having an outgoing personality who thrives in social situations. This means that working both as a team player and a leader come naturally to me and I have experiance leading from the front and taking direction. I am a hard working and dedicated person and enjoy working to high standards and ensuring every job is completed to the best of my ability.
Other skills include clipping, trimming, plaiting and turning out to the highest standards (I have competed in county level showing and WH classes and always prep my own horses and groom for myself).
I also have experiance handling foals and young stock and working with these animals right through the breaking process until they’re riding away nicely and attending their first competitions.
Other skills include working with problem horses/ponies both on the floor and ridden. I have patience to burn and find that this helps greatly when dealing with young and inexperienced horses.
Lunging, loading, tapping stud holes and putting them in and taking them out, competition prep any other skills are outlined in my CV
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the variation of personalities that you get to interact with on a daily basis ( equine and human). I enjoy working with the horses and watching them develop, the rewarding feeling when it all starts to come together cant be beaten.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve in every area, working with new people always leads to new ideas and ways of thinking being introduced to you and there is always an oppertunity to learn there.
I would also like to gain experiance working with competition horses where possible and gain a HGV liscence so I may become a stronger asset to the team.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a confident, capable and fit individual with an outgoing and fun personality with years of experiance. I believe I would be the best fit for the role due to my easygoing and dedicated personality, I am incredibly teachable as I take direction well and adapt to new situations with ease. I’m level headed and calm in demeanor and I believe this makes me stand out as a candidate. If your looking for a reliable, hard working and experianced employee who will fit into any existing team then I believe I am the best candidate for the job.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Riding would be beneficial however not essential.
Attending competitions would be beneficial however again not essential.
The chance to train and improve would also be beneficial.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 15hh ISH mare that would need to come with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have 3 days in november (6th -8th) that I would ideally like off.