- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 7th February 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 23rd July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Racing Flat, Racing NH
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality South African
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
In January 2019 I joined the South African Jockey Academy. I was a first year apprentice. I used to look after the horse I was given by the riding masters and the stable horses as well, that’s where I gained knowledge in horse care. I was riding the academy and the track horses at Summerveld training center and Ashburton training center.
With the qualities I acquired from the South African Jockey Academy, I am good in working with horses and other grooms (doing doubles), platting, horse turnout and stable yard skills. I have good skills of setting a pace when galloping and keeping the horse active and ready (inside the gates) as well as jumping out of the gates on time. I Passed my Sanip, stable yard skills stage two (Module 2) with an aggregate of 79%.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses are the most wonderful animals and so much of rinding is about my mutual respect and connection to them. Despite their size, they are kind and therapeutic to be around. I also like the enjoyment I get from being with horses, it improves my fitness as all of my muscles are put to work.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am happy with my current riding, but of course I’d really like to improve my riding. I believe everyday is a chance to learn something new, hence I never stop learning. That’s why I am now searching for new opportunities out of my comfort zone and I am prepared for any new beggings.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m young and energetic candidate with much love for horses. I have been into the Jockey Academy for a period of a year and passed my track riding tests. I passed my Sanip, stable yard skills stage two (Module 2) with an aggregate of 79%, therefore I am not just a good rider but I’m good in horse care and stable yard management as well.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Improve my riding skills and horsemanship, gain more experience in my riding and grow my network globally.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?