- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 8th January 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Somerset, UK, Wales, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started riding at the age of 9 at a small riding school where I learnt the basics and was a member of the Pony Club.
Aged 10-14 years – I moved to a larger and more competitive riding school in Worcester, which had more opportunities to develop my horsemanship and riding skills, whilst continuing my Pony Club membership and earning the badges and certificates. The opportunities I experienced were sidesaddle, bareback, carriage driving, assisted as a groom at local shows and took part in the preparing which included cleaning tack, grooming to a high standard then taking part in riding own gymkhanas. I also helped out with yard duties this included a weekend of catching horses and ponies for a worming programme, mucking out stables and cleaning out horse boxes, preparing feeds for horses to ensure their dietary needs were met. An addition to this I made sure that hay nets were made and water buckets were clean and full, throughout the day making sure the yard was hazard free and maintaining a high level of health and safety.
In 2018 I completed three weeks work experience as a part of my Level 3 Extended Diploma Animal Management at Hartpury College. This was at Cotswold Riding for the Disabled in Cheltenham where I assisted the riders whilst they had a lesson this involved supporting them to the RDA standard. I also cleaned tack, filled and weighed hay nets, poo-picked fields, groomed, tacked and un-tacked the horses as well as turning them out.
I am able to work alone as well as work with others. I am responsible and can keep calm in difficult circumstances. I have 2 years experience in customer service and can maintain a polite and professional manner. I have excellent time keeping skills and dress appropriately for the job. I also have a positive outlook.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I like to work with horses and ponies as you get to know their traits and personalities. They can have a calming and soothing manner which I noticed that the riders at the RDA benefited from. Being on an equestrian yard has always been a hobby and interest from a young age.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to build on my previous experience and expand my knowledge on the care and welfare of horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working, conscientious and I would love to work towards a qualification which would broaden my horizons within the equestrian field.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain a qualification as well as experience and knowledge in the industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
I would prefer accommodation unless it’s close to home. (GL20 5TU)
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?