- Age 41 years
- Date of Birth 10th August 1979
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Bedfordshire, UK, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cheshire, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Cumberland, UK, Cumbria, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, East Anglia, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Ireland, Kent, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, Monmouthshire, Norfolk, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Sussex, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 8th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 13.5st / 85.7kg / 89lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started riding when I was 5 years old and through my teenage years we were lucky enough to own our own horses. Mostly kept at grass but were stabled in the roughest of weather. We had a couple of older boys, one got to 37 years old! and we had a couple of young unbacked welsh mountain ponies too.
My first job was working with horses and children at a children’s holiday company. As I was there for almost 9 years I worked my way up to Assistant Trek Manager. All usual yard jobs, including sorting the meds for the feeds, liaising with the farrier and vet for when to come out etc. We used to take children on rides around the estate, do gymkhanas and teach the children the basic of horse care.
My 2nd job was a truly special job working with rescue horses and ponies, the difference we could make to their lives even if only for a few days made all of the hard work worth it. Again in this role I moved up to Senior Groom. All usual yard jobs, including poo picking the fields, I used to house sit when the manager was on holidays.
Now the job I am in started off with horses, taking guests from beginners through to experienced riders out on rides, either to the beach or through the wildlife park.
Have had a lot of experience with different breeds of horse and have come across lots of different ailments and wounds. Being at the rescue centre really helped with learning new things about the horses and ponies that came to us.
Am happy to work with others but equally am not fazed at working alone on my own initiative, keeping to time frames well.
I can drive a small tractor and trailer – though a bit rusty!
I enjoy plaiting up, tails are my favourite!
Have experience with other small animals.
Have good attention to detail and can recognise easily when something is off or injured.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love being around horses, just having the interaction with them, hands on, grooming, checking over and getting them into a good space. I do enjoy riding but its not the most important thing
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My mane plaiting skills probably need more practice! lots of things I have never experienced but am a quick learner and love to try new things.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe that I can offer the employer stability, as being a bit older am more settled and willing to try new things within the job role, learning more is always good as we can never know it all!
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to get my HGV license to make myself better for a job role and in the next job I would be happy to do this myself.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a few cats! All rescues but that are part of my package! They are all house trained and chilled cats.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?