- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 20th December 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses and Key Skills
I am a sociable but hard worker, working well as part of a team but equally happy to step into a leadership role when necessary. Neat and tidy on the yard and keep to a high standard. Competent and confident in handling all types of horses, including those competition fit. Previously worked on an event yards and freelance groom work throughout college/university, alongside owning and competing my own horse. I have a particular passion for bringing along young horses and as a quiet rider, I get along with hot/ sensitive types kindly. I am currently retraining my young thoroughbred to event. I am confident in basic first aid, clipping, plaiting, etc and hold my PC B test.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the satisfaction of watching the hard work pay off (although I appreciate with horses, it also includes a good dose of humbling moments!). We all know horses can be a laborious and sometimes brutal job, but nothing beats the pride when your team finally meets their goals in partnership.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love the chance to expand my competition experience but this is not strictly necessary. Continuing to work on producing horses through the levels, and expanding my knowledge on how to handle different types.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a hard worker used to the horsey lifestyle, but I also have ambition and am a fairly driven thinker. Therefore I thrive on a lively environment where people are looking to expand and achieve new goals.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain experience from my employer both in and out the saddle, therefore ideally from an eventing background.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, if further afield.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Yes, one (and a half!) horses. A 15.2hh mare and a 33″ shetland friend!
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?