- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 7th December 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cornwall, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Surrey, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 20th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses since leaving school at 16 and have been at this yard for 5 years now. I work on a livery yard which my main jobs are; turnout/bring in, mucking out, arranging farriers/vets/physio/dentist appointments. I contact owners about their horses and discuss what is best for their particular horses. I have groomed at multiple shows; dressage, showjumping, eventing and in hand showing. My favourite discipline is eventing and my dream is to be a 5* event groom. My mum has always had horses since I was very young so have grown up around them. I own my own two horses now who I compete at Novice/Elementary level dressage and a new horse I am hoping to Event.
I would say my best skill is my organisation – I am always the first to organise when and how everything is going to be done to ensure our day runs as smoothly as possible for our team and our livery horses. My best aspect of work is my care for each individual horse – I know each of them so well and always give them the best care possible at the time.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The general care I can give them – individually even though I take care of around 15/20 per day as well as my own two. Also seeing them progress even just in their behavioural development as-well as their ridden performance.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would just like to improve my general knowledge by learning through experience being in a high level yard.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely dedicated to my team and the horses, I work as hard I can and always put horses needs first.
I care so much about each individual horse and their needs that there is never a moment I don’t put my all into providing that to them.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Experience of looking after event horses and providing the care these special horses need for the work they are doing.
• Do you need accommodation?
Dependant on where job is.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I wish to bring both of my horses with me and stable them both.
Pluto – 16.3hh Irish Draught x ISH
Clancy – 16.1hh Irish Draught x Connie
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am still currently working at the livery yard. Also I have recently (8 weeks ago) had major surgery on my femur but want to get back to work when fit and move on. I should be able to do this around January/February time.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?