- Age 51 years
- Date of Birth 29th April 1969
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 18th October 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Immediate
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Horse Transport
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Some experience with horses of all sizes and disciplines over a long period of time, from showing, through Cross Country, Flat and NH racing. Have assisted in transporting for friends by towing and and then grooming for a variety of people at all levels. Have been driving for the owner and breeder of a number of Flat horses for the last 5 years
Former Ambulance Service and Armed Forces, so highly experienced in driving to a very high standard in all situations. Route planning and preparing for any situation is how I always do my work, to ensure arrival at the destination on time, every time.
Liasion with other agencies and companies ahead of time is something I enjoy carrying out, to ensure there are no issues.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? Within this role I imagine the variety of locations and journeys. Also working within a team to ensure all aspects of the task come together perfectly. There may also be scope to expand the role since I am working towards my Rigid HGV Licence.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I am constantly looking to improve, which is why I am working towards the HGV licence, and taking a higher Institute Of Advanced Motorists Exam to move up a level. I am regularly assessed by former colleagues who now work and teach for the police to maintain a standard similar to theirs.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? This is a role I have been performing for the last 5 years, including travelling to many different racecourse, either with the client, or hosting his guests. My appearance, standards and work ethic all fit with the image needed for a trainer that is in the spotlight regularly. Anyone can drive, but I imagine this client needs someone with my particular skills, and experience, the latter being an asset you cannot buy.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? Maintain and improve the standard of my work in all ways, and possibly expand the role to take on other work if it is offered. I thrive with a new ‘Challenge’.
• Do you need accommodation? No. I live in Stow on the Wold, so 10 mins from where I am guessing the client lives
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No. My contract with my previous client finished due to Covid restrictions limiting foreign travel. I maintain a very good relationship with both him and his wife and daughter. I am therefore available immediately, and at short notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? None