- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 7th July 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 14th February 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Eventing, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
– Me being 17 I have over 10 years experience with horses, loaning and owning horses, caring for friends horses when they are not present, all varying from different sizes and ages.
– I have worked as a stable hand for 7/8 months, mucking out 4 stables a day for 3/4 days a week and occasionally every weekday for 3 weeks straight as well as poo picked fields and lunge the horses.
– I have helped prepare for a show by cleaning tack and grooming and bathing horses to competition standard.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
– I am a hard worker so when I’m giving duties I keep going till they’re done, I have good time keeping and finish everything on time. I can clip, groom and bath horses to a good standard.
– I have never handled stallions but I have handled young horses, helped to break them, brought horses back into work after years out of work.
– I can’t drive but I am learning and close to passing.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
– My favourite part about dealing with horses is the grooming and bathing as I just love being around them as I have been all my life.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
– I would love to improve my riding a lot more as I feel I still have much to learn.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
– For being as young as I am I have a lot of experience with horses as I’ve been around the majority of my life.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
– I would like to do grooming and helping prepare for shows. I would also like to ride but I understand if there are no riding positions available.
– I would like to gain more experience with different horses and more riding experience, I would also like to gain some qualifications during the job if possible.
• Do you need accommodation?
– Yes I will.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
– No animals will be brought with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
– I am currently a stable hand with a private yard.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
– None at all.