- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 24th June 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 28th June 2022
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, College, Dealer, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I started riding when I was 9 at a local riding school and volunteered at the riding school and at the local RDA centre. I went on to do a level 2 diploma in horse care at Easton college, I then bought my own horse in 2014. I worked on a farm with 8 Suffolk punch mares; helped back them, riding, long reining, lunging, driving and plaiting up for a show (2017/2018) I also helped out with the other animals (goats, pigs, cows, sheep & poultry) while I was there. Since I left there I have been doing some freelance work. I often look after my current yard owners two sheep and her horses who she events BE when she goes away and the ex-racer who currently shares a field with mine. I have experience handling a variety of horses from riding school to ex-racers to eventers/showjumers/dressage, different breeds, heights ranging from 9hh to 19.2hh, ages ranging from foals to late 20’s and mares, geldings & colts.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I work well in a team and on my own. I will handle any breed/size/gender of horse. I have mucked out a variety of different bedding. I can trim feathers etc and pull manes.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have always been my favourite animal, I love being around them and any animal in general. Whether I get to handle them or not just knowing that I’m doing something that will make their lives comfortable and happy is enough for me.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve on all my skills but most importantly I would like to improve my plaiting and learn how to clip.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I treat every horse as if it is my own, I take pride in my work and I will do any job needed off me.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience within the equine industry, better my skills and learn new things. I would like to work towards and gain my BHS qualifications and maybe work towards my teaching qualifications as well.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes I will need accommodation if the job is outside of west Norfolk.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?