- Age 48 years
- Date of Birth 28th May 1972
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 6th January 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term 2 months negotiable
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, New Zealander
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Rode mostly welsh mountain ponies as a child , doing gymkhanas,
Show jumping , cross country etc UK .
Attended apprentice race training school in rossington Doncaster where I was a working pupil but also taught as by then had lots of experience and some of the kids were new to riding .
Rode ride work in Oxford and Newmarket before going to Australia working in Sydney And Melbourne for Bart Cummings . ( got to ride let’s elope work – caufield and Melbourne cup winner ).
Worked in perth for successful trainer Ross price .
Went to New Zealand ,
Worked for Jim Gibbs who used to train horses for Mark Todd before Mark himself started training in racing . Rode work there deriumus who went on to win a Melbourne cup and Caufield cup .
Part of our duties was to break and bring on young horses .
I worked for a thoroughbred stud called cheval stud working a lot with breaking and young stock .
Have been back several times over the years.
I worked riding work and general groom duties Craig Richie ,
And frank Richie NZ .
I worked for Bernard Ang Singapore and did a short stint Malaysia also .
I worked Abu Dhabi equestrian club for 7 years teaching in the riding school kids and adults . I also worked in racing and Arabian showing and endurance whilst there .
I show jumped and did pre lim dressage for pleasure also .
Then back in nz have exercised people’s horses on the beach and done basic schooling and Abit of teaching on the side of other jobs ..
I’ve done temp jobs whilst in UK etc
I love teaching etc
- Do you need accommodation? Yes
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No
- Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? I would prefer short term as usually live overseas .
***Available for Christmas Cover***