purchased a large site in the expanses of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
As a rider at one of the three riding stables, you are responsible for the training and care of
the horses bred by Paul Schockemöhle. Many horses which will later cause a sensation in top level sport go through our hands. The daily routine gives you the opportunity to gather a lot of experiences and impressions in every respect. The fact that a renowned trainer is always available to support you will particularly help you with your personal development.
The riding stables entrusted with training the horses are three geographically separated farmsteads under a common organisational umbrella. At each of the individual sites, site managers look after the training of the horses with their teams. A jumping horse trained on the Lewitz stud runs through all three stations chronologically.
Finally, the jumping horses go to the third station, the “Scheckenhof”, with its spacious, light-flooded indoor riding arena and the idyllically located outdoor riding arena which is surrounded by the racecourse and in close proximity to the Neustädter See.
Dirk Hauser and Christina Heussler organise all the riding stables from here, and two highly renowned trainers are also employed – Thomas Mohr and Paul Niemz.
At the Scheckenhof, the further career of each individual horse is also decided.
The stud’s own apartments, modern and practically furnished, give you affordable living space near your place of work and make it easier for you to form and strengthen social relationships even after you finish work. On request, you will be served breakfast and lunch in the stud’s own canteens.
Of course, we will help you with all the administrative issues which come up at the beginning, provide you with translating assistance and help you with anything else that you need. We will do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible for you.
- Earliest start date 1st February 2024
- Continent/Country Europe, The EU
- Position/s available Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dealer, Sales, Showing, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Ride, Sales Preparation, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency €
- Salary guide 2374,24 € before tax
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes